||Zodiac Platinum DSD DAC
||Ships from manufacturer
The Zodiac Platinum DSD DAC supports up to DSD128 (Double-DSD) and 384kHz, 24-bit streaming to a custom-designed, ultra-low jitter USB connection, as well as AES/EBU, S/PDIF, and TOSLINK PCM support.The foundation of the Zodiac Platinum is the renowned 64-bit, Acoustically Focused Clocking and the ultra-low jitter oven-controlled crystal oscillator, which stand as a guarantee of unprecedented sound quality – used by the best recording, mastering, and post production studios around the world.
In addition, the Platinum is equipped with a 10MHz input for the legendary Antelope 10M Rubidium atomic clock, providing the most accurate and stable clocking reference, and uncompromising digital to analog conversion.
An Antelope-designed custom USB chip offers ultra-low jitter and streaming support for up to DSD128 and 384kHz PCM – four times higher than similar devices.
Support for DSD64, DSD128, via USB (DoP) and a unique DSD upsampling mode to DSD256.
Antelope AFC with 64-bit DSP, backed by an ultra-low jitter, oven-controlled crystal oscillator for detailed and focused sound.
Independent dual DACs per channel to eliminate crosstalk and improve dynamic range and linearity.
Switchable 64-bit precision 8x linear phase upsampling using a dedicated FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array).
Control application for Mac, PC, Linux and mobile platforms gives full access to Zodiac functionality.
• 10M / WC on BNC: 10MHz sine wave 44.1 – 384 kHz
• 1x AES/EBU XLR: 44.1 – 192 kHz
• 2x S/PDIF RCA: 44.1 – 192 kHz
• 2x RCA Analog: -10dBv Unbalanced (2V rms max)
• 2x ¼” TRS Analog: +4dBu Balanced (26 dBu max)
• 2x Optical TOSLINK
• 2x Analog XLR. Balanced, fully-differential drive. Trimmable 14 to 26 dBu @ 0dBFS. Preset to 20 dBu. 56 Ω to GND.
• 1x AES/EBU De-Jittered, re-clocked Digital Output. 110 Ω.
• 2x S/PDIF De-Jittered, re-clocked Digital Outputs. 75 Ω.
• 2x Analog RCA: Trimmable Unbalanced between 0 dBv and +12 dBv with a +6 dBv default. 2Vrms max, 56 Ω.
• 2x Headphones: 20 dBu @ 0dBFS. 120 or 0 Ω switchable.
Dynamic Range: 129 dB
THD + N: 0.0004%
USB: 2.0 Hi-Speed. Data stream up to 480Mbits/384kHz, Type B
Clocking System: 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking 64 bit DDS Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator
Clock Stability: < +/- 0.02 PPM, oven controlled at 64.5°C
Clock Ageing: < 1 ppm per year
Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (352.8kHz and 384kHz through USB only)
Operating Temperature: 0-50°C, 32-122°F
Weight: 2 kg, 4.4 lb
165mm (W) x 112mm (H) x 190mm (D)
6.5”(W) x 4.4”(H) x 7.5”(D)
Power Supply: Input: +18VDC, 15W (no line “Output”)