||Ships from manufacturer
||Normal delivery time is 2-7 business days, subject to availability.
With the groundbreaking AT4080, Audio-Technica achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems of fragility and low output that have historically plagued ribbon mics. Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4080 Ribbon Microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. Utilizing six new patents*, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
- ELEMENT: Ribbon
- POLAR PATTERN: Figure-of-eight
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-18,000 Hz
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: –39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE: 100 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- NOISE: 22 dB SPL
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical): 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- WEIGHT: 474 g (16.7 oz)
- DIMENSIONS: 177.5 mm (6.99") long, 53.4 mm (2.10") maximum body diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8449/SV shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: R1