||Ships from manufacturer
||Normal delivery time is 2-7 business days, subject to availability.
4099P is a piano miking solution that makes it easy to achieve a high level of isolation on stage while providing clean and transparent stereo sound quality with realistic dynamics.
- High gain-before-feedback
- Flat frequency response
- Compact, discrete size
- Excellent phase characteristic
- Detachable cable and versatile gooseneck extender
The 4099P is a complete system which includes a pair of sensitivity selected 4099 microphones on goosenecks with magnetic mounts to allow the most realistic capture of a piano. With its low profile and unobtrusive design it is perfect in closed lid scenarios for capturing true acoustic piano sound in a live setting.
The versatile magnet mount/gooseneck system provides stable and repeatable positioning. The mics can easily be positioned at different angles via the flexible gooseneck to provide a variety of sound nuances. The system includes two 3-pin XLR adapters.
The mounts can also be used with various instruments with magnetic surfaces.
Optional gooseneck extension
Standard gooseneck length is 140 mm (5.5 in), which can be altered with the optional gooseneck extension unit, adding another 50% to the length, helping to achieve exactly the sweet spot for the instrument.
The updated 4099 range features detachable cable from gooseneck, so it’s more convenient to mount the mic on an instrument before connecting it. Furthermore, the choice of different cable qualities makes it possible to tailor your mic to the specific task, such as choosing the heavy duty 2.2 mm cable for PA/Live gigs or the easier-to-hide, thinner miniature cable for personal mounting on instruments where you don’t want the cable weight to interfere with your performance. In case of cable break, service is easy and fast.
The package includes
- Two sensitivity selected supercardioid 4099 gooseneck mics
- Integrated windscreen and shock mount system
- Magnet mounts to place on piano frame
- Two DAD6001 3-pin XLR adapters
- Directional characteristics: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in) distance: 80 Hz to 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10 to 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal ± 3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44,5 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 to 40 ohm; from DAD6001: 100 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems, 48 V phantom power +/- 4 V with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Microphone weight: 46 g (1.62 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 (6 ft)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive-going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD6001 XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Gooseneck length: 140 mm (5.5 in)
- Sensitivity selection tolerance (at 1 kHz): ± 1 dB