||Ships from manufacturer
||Normal delivery time is 2-7 business days, subject to availability.
The matched pair of SF-2 Active Ribbon Microphones are compact, monaural, phantom powered active ribbon microphones, exhibiting flat frequency response and a well balanced, panoramic soundfield. The SF-2 has superb transient response due to its low-mass 1.8-micron ribbon element. Frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbon, and off-axis coloration is negligible.
The heart of the SF-2 is its ribbon transducer’s proprietary crossfield motor assembly. Comprised of four powerful Neodymium magnets and Permendur iron pole pieces, the cross-field design assures the shortest front-to-rear ribbon path length for maximum high frequency response. The SF-2’s active electronics produce an output comparable to studio condenser microphones, while providing an optimum load to the ribbon at all times. The low output impedance of the SF-2 enables it to operate with any microphone pre-amplifier of average gain and impedance characteristics, and makes it suitable for use with long cable runs.
- Phantom powered circuitry provides high output and impedance matching
- High SPL capabilities (130 dB @ 70 Hz)
- No distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion.
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of microphone
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- High efficiency toroidal transformer and gold plated output connector
- Very low magnetic leakage
- Matte Black finish reduces reflected light for live and on-camera use
- Includes 2 matched SF-2's, 2 protective cases, 2 Sling-Shock RSM-SS24 shock mounts, 2 mic socks, documentation and manual
- Electrodynamic pressure gradient with active electronics
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Frequency Range: 30 HZ - 15,000 HZ +/-2db
- Sensitivity: -38 dBv Ref 1 Volt per Pascal
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms @ 1khz
- Rated Load Impedance: > 1500 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: > 130 dB SPL
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)
- Power Requirements: 48-Volt Phantom
- Supply Current: 4 mA
- High grade neodymium magnet assembly
- Stainless steel internal baffle and dampener
- Weight: 448 grams (15.8 oz.)
- Dimensions: 142 mm x 39mm (base) x 25mm (top)
- Finish: Matte black