||Ships from manufacturer
||Normal delivery time is 2-7 business days, subject to availability.
The Beta 27 side-address condenser microphone is precision engineered for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording applications. Its flat frequency response and low self noise provide unerring performance in demanding environments. A tight supercardioid pattern insures high gain-before-feedback and maximum isolation from other sound sources.
- Supercardioid polar pattern specifically targets the sound source consistently with greatly minimized bleed from off-axis sound sources
- Tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, 1" externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 Karat gold-layered Mylar® diaphragm.
- Flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction on stage or in the studio
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect for consistent, extended lowend
- -15 dB switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise.
- Type: Condenser (externally biased)
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: 160 Ω
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): −37 dBV/Pa 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD) at 1000 Ω load: 134 dB (148 dB, Pad on)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD) at 2500 Ω load: 140 dB (154 dB, Pad on)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz): 85.5 dB S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz) at 1000 Ω load: 125.5 dB
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz) at 2500 Ω load: 131.5 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 50 dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1% THD) at 1000 Ω load: 2.0 dBV THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1% THD) at 2500 Ω load: 8.5 dBV THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 8.5 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: Net: 428 g (15.1 oz.)
- Switch: Attenuator: -15 dB Low Frequency Response: flat; -6 dB/octave below 115 Hz; -18 dB/octave below 80 Hz
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements: 48 Vdc phantom, 5.6 mA