||Ships from manufacturer
||Normal delivery time is 2-7 business days, subject to availability.
The KSM44A is a premium, large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional). The refined and sophisticated design of the KSM44A features an externally biased, dual 1-inch diaphragms, extensive internal pop filtering and Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology for a ground-breaking threshold minimum of self-noise. The KSM44A is the premier choice for the highest level of professional studio and stage performance. A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
- Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology: Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier provides transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion. Minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions.
- Groundbreaking specifications: 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131 dB for a total dynamic range of 127 dB – an increase of 7 dB that defines the new standard for cleanly nuanced audio capture
- Multiple polar patterns–cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional–for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 μm, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms provide superior frequency response
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or counteract proximity effect
- Integrated three-stage “pop” protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
- Includes ShureLock® Stand Mount, Aluminium Carrying Case, ShureLock® Elastic Shock Mount, Suspension Shock Mount Elastic Cord Cristal (contains two), Protective Velveteen Pouch
- Cartridge Type: Condenser (externally biased)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Bidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (open circuitvoltage, @ 1 kHz, typical): -31 to -37 dBV/Pa
- Self Noise (equivalent SPL, Aweighted, typical): 4 to 7.5 dB SPL
- Preamplifier Distortion (at1 kHz, 94 dB SPL): <0.001%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 86.5 to 90 dB
- Clipping Level (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 1% THD): 2500 Ω load = 9 dBV, 1000 Ω load = 6 dBV
- Dynamic Range (@ 1kHz): 2500 Ω load = 130 to 134 dB, 1000 Ω load = 127 to 131 dB
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD - PAD OFF): 131 to 140 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD - PAD ON): 147 to 152 dB SPL
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms
- Attenuator Switch: 15 dB
- Low-Frequency Filter Switch: Flat, –6 dB/octave below 115 Hz, or –18 dB/octave below 80 H
- Power Requirements: 11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938) 5.8 mA, maximum
- Common Mode Rejection (10 to 100,000 Hz): > 50 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 50 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net Weight: 492 g (17.4 oz.)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR). male, balanced