||Ships from manufacturer
||Normal delivery time is 2-7 business days, subject to availability.
This wireless version of the BETA 98H/C is a versatile solution for high-volume wind, brass or percussion. Gooseneck with clip-on clamp for secure fit and positioning. Cardioid, Condenser.
The Shure WB98H/C (the wireless version of the BETA 98H/C) is a premium cardioid condenser instrumental microphone that clamps onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allows the microphone to be easily positioned and secured in place, and an isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of instrument 'key noise' and other mechanical noise. A gooseneck angle brace is included to provide better retention of the microphone placement during more active performances.
- The WB98H/C features transformerless preamplifier circuitry, which improves linearity across the full frequency range.
- The pickup pattern of the Beta WB98H/C provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
- Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform cardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Includes integrated clip-on horn mount, Windscreen and 5.3 ft. cable terminated to 4-Pin Mini-Connector for Shure Wireless
- Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid)
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 1200 ohms
- Output Level (0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal): Open Circuit Voltage: 56.5 dB (1.5 mV)
- Output Clipping Level (at 1kHz, THD < 1%): -9 dBV (0.35 V)
- Maximum SPL: 143.5 dB
- Dynamic Range (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level): 112.5 dB
- Output Noise (equivalent SPL, typical, A-weighted): 31 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 63 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm produces positive voltage on pins 3 and 4 with respect to pin 1 (ground).
- Recommended Operating Voltage: 5 V (pin 2 to pins 3 and 4)
- Net Weight (microphone w/cable and mini-connector TA4F): 65 g (2.3 oz.)