||Ships from manufacturer
The UAD-2 Satellite USB OCTO Custom from Universal Audio is a DSP accelerator that allows for accessing UAD plug-ins within any DAW software running on USB 3-equipped Windows computers. Powered by eight SHARC processors, the stand-alone DSP accelerator provides extensive plug-in instantiation for large mixes without taxing the host computer, while also delivering world-class analog emulation. A custom software bundle allows users to choose any three UAD plug-in titles at registration in addition to the included Analog Classics Plus bundle.
In creating UAD plug-ins, the company's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers using their exact schematics and best units, to provide the experience of processing audio with classic analog equipment. The accelerator's SHARC processors and USB 3 SuperSpeed technology offers reduced plug-in latency compared to FireWire 800.
The included Analog Classics plug-in bundle features the UA 610-B Preamp and EQ, along with legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter, Pultec Pro Equalizer, UA Precision Enhancer Hz, Precision Mix Rack Collection, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on Windows-based PCs
- 8 SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Custom software bundle lets users “pick any 3” additional UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration*
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT and more (sold separately)
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Preamp & EQ and Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter, Pultec Pro Equalizer, UA Precision Enhancer Hz, Precision Mix Rack Collection, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Windows-based PCs
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices — UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface
- VST, RTAS, AAX 64 support
- Fan-less USB 3.0 external enclosure w/ external power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 7” wide x 6 3/4” long x 1 3/4” high (weight: 2.24 lbs)
- 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Compatible with VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support (DAW dependent)
- System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- PC with available built-in USB 3 SuperSpeed port
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.